Below are links to other charities and official websites you may find useful.
Children's Heart Federation
- The Children's Heart Federation is the umbrella body for voluntary organisations working to meet the needs of children and young people with heart conditions and their families.
- GIFT is the children's transplant charity offering support to children and families who are affected by transplantation.
- The Grown Up Congenital Heart Patients Association supports young people and adults with congenital heart disease.
Heartline - Heartline is a voluntary organisation set up to offer help and support to children with heart disorders and their families regardless of how slight or severe the condition may be.
The Children's Heart Association - The Children's Heart Association is a support group run by families and friends of cardiac children for families with, or who have had, children with heart disorders.
Healthtalkonline (formerly Dipex)
- Healthtalkonline is a charity website which lets you share in other people's experiences of health and illness. You can watch or listen to videos of the interviews, read about people's experiences and find information about conditions, treatment choices and support.Central Cardiac Audit Database (also known as CCAD)
- This site has been created by The Information Centre for health and social care. It aims to give older patients and the parents and carers of children with congenital heart disease information to help them make important decisions about treatment. Among the information it provides are profiles of every congenital heart disease centre in the UK
, including the number and range of procedures they carry out and survival rates for the most common types of treatment.
- This site is a database of professional and fully qualified counsellors and counselling groups throughout the UK. It allows you to search for a counsellor close to you that is appropriate for you needs. Categories of search include bereavement counselling, child related issues, relationship issues and counsellors specialising in termination/miscarriage support.
NHS Organ Donor Register
- This website explains about transplantation and gives you the opportunity to register as an organ donor.
Sibs - This charity is specifically for siblings of children with a disability. They have a useful tips for parents section.